World plumbing day competition
Terms and Conditions
- The draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Plumbase UK, the Polypipe Group their agencies or families
- No purchase necessary
- The competition will run from Sunday 11 March until Sunday 25 March.
- Competition entry is through either Facebook or Twitter.
To enter the competition, use your Facebook or Twitter account to post a selfie and a couple of sentences about why you are a world class plumber. Your post must mention Plumbase (include @Plumbase if posting on Facebook or @plumbaseuk if posting on Twitter) and use the hashtag #worldclassplumber
- No responsibility can be accepted for any Entries not being received; The Promoter accepts no responsibility for Entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt by the Promoter;
- Prizes consist of:
- 1st prize: An Xbox One X
- 2nd prize: A Virgin Experience (Chrome)
- 3rd prize: A Google Home tech bundle, comprised of 1x Smart Speaker and Personal Assistant, 2x mini units
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with a Prize and not specifically included in the Prize; expenses which are not specifically stated to be included in the prize are not included in the prize and shall be for the Participantâ€™s own account. For example: unless otherwise stated, Participants will be responsible for arranging and providing their own means of transportation to and from any Prize venue;
- The winner will be drawn w/c 26 March 2018 and will be notified through the social media account they entered the competition with no later than 6 April 2018. Winners will receive their prize within 28 days of notification of winning.
- Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes;
- The prize is subject to availability. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equivalent or greater value if this is necessary for reasons beyond control.
- The promoter is Plumbase UK, Gemini One, John Smith Drive, Oxford Business Park South, Oxford, OX4 9JF.In association with Polypipe Building Products, Broomhouse Lane, Edlington, Doncaster, DN12 1ES, UK.
- The Prize Winners may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and shall participate in such activity on the Promoter's reasonable request;
- Winners consent to the use by the Promoter and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Promotion for an unlimited time, of the Star Prize Winner's image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the Promoter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Promotion, all Entrants consent to the same;
- Subject to the Participants taxation status, the Weekly Experience Prizes and/or Main Prize Draw Prizes (collectively, â€œPrize(s)â€) may be a taxable benefit and subject to tax and/or National Insurance; The Promoter accepts no liability whatsoever in respect of payment of tax or National Insurance or for notification of the benefit earned by a user to any tax authorities. For further information the Participant should contact its nearest Inland Revenue Office;
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by the Participant or his/her family or accompanying companions as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting any Prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence;
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this Promotion, or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time, without notice or compensation.
- The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud);
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrants it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the Promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right to use their discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction they deem appropriate.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure;
- The Promotion is a standalone promotion and does not amend normal terms and conditions of trading as between the Promoter and the Participant, which will continue to apply;
- The name and county of the Winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Polypipe, Broomhouse Lane, Doncaster DN12 1ES or Avinity,1 Farmborough Close, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP20 1DQ
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter and its appointed representatives is final in all matters (including any not covered by these Terms and Conditions) and no correspondence shall be entered into;
- The Promotion will be governed by English law and Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts;
- Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.